9th Brazilian Workshop on Agile Methods
The proceedings of the previous editions of the Brazilian Workshop on Agile Methods (WBMA) are available at. http://www.agilebrazil.com/2018/en/proceedings/
Call for Papers
The 9th Brazilian Workshop on Agile Methods (WBMA’2018) is the research track in the Agile Brazil conference. WBMA is an academic event that focuses on agile software development. This year’s edition comes with a history of success. Our past editions received an expressive number of paper submissions. Besides it, a number of attendees (students, researchers and practitioners) from different countries. We hope to repeat this success this year and influence even more the academic integration in industry context. We believe this integration can create ideas, opportunities and innovations for all involved.
Last year, the Agile Brazil conference has received more than 500 attendees from all over the world. This year, our expectation is that the workshop will receive even more researchers and students from Brazil and abroad. This year, WBMA’2018 will be held on October, 03rd - 05th, in Campinas/SP – Brazil. The workshop will be included in Agile Brazil schedule.
Topics of Interest
The main topics of interest to this workshop are:
- Adoption of Agile / Lean
- Agile / Lean in Distributed Environments and Large Teams
- Agile in Government
- Agile Practices and Future Trends, Evolution and Revolution (Technical or Managerial)
- Agile Principles, Lean Manufacturing and Other Disciplines
- Agile Project Management, Outsourcing and Governance in the Agile Context
- Agile Testing & Quality: Techniques, Patterns and Automated Support
- Conceptual Studies and Theoretical Foundations of Agile / Lean
- Development in Distributed and Global Agile Teams
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Experimental Studies with Agile / Lean
- Human and Social Aspects in Agile Methods
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Agile
- Lean Startups
- Managing Technical Debt
- Metrics, Measurements and Mining Repositories in the Context of Agile
- Organizational Transformation and Cultural Aspects on Agile Business
- Patterns and Anti-patterns applying Agile / Lean
- Refactoring Issues
- Scaling Agile to Large Corporations
- Systems and Software Architecture and Development of Critical Systems
- Teaching and Coaching Agile and Lean
- Tools and Techniques on Agile / Lean
- User Experience (UX) Environments on Agile / Lean
- User Roles (co-participation)
We also welcome other related topics of research on agile methods.
Original papers should be sent electronically by Easychair. Manuscripts must follow the Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) – Springer template. Papers should be submitted in PDF format. Papers can be written in Portuguese or English. Submission in English is strongly encouraged since the workshop proceedings are indexed in the CCIS Digital Library.
Full Paper Submission
In full paper submissions we expect original papers presenting finished results. Full papers might have between 12 and 15 pages including figures and bibliography.
Short Paper Submission
In short paper submissions we are expecting:
- Research in progress;
- Experience reports;
- Non-systematic literature reviews; and
- Position papers.
Short papers might have between 6 and 8 pages including figures and bibliography.
If you are an industry practitioner and have passed through innovative agile experiences, you may submit it in academic format to share with other practitioners and researchers in Short Papers track. We are interested in all types of cases -- either successful or not.
- 6/Jul - Abstract Submission
- 21/Jul - Paper (full/short) Submission
- 24/Aug - Acceptance Notification
- 3-5/Oct - WBMA Presentations at Agile Brazil 2018 (in Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil)
- 10/Oct - Final Version Submission (in English only)
Registering on Agile Brazil you will already be registered on WBMA. There is no exclusive registration to WBMA, once one of our objectives is to integrate industry and research. One author for each accepted paper will be granted with a free registration.
Accepted papers will be published, after the conference, in a volume of Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) – Springer. This is the third time that the WBMA Proceedings are going to be published at Springer, which will give world-wide visibility to the researchers presented at WBMA ‘2018.
- Bernardo Estácio (Farfetch)
- Graziela Simone Tonin (UFFS)
- Alfredo Goldman (USP)
- Eduardo Guerra (INPE)
- Adolfo Neto - UTFPR
- Alexandre Vasconcelos - UFPE
- Anh Nguyen Duc - University college of Southeast Norway
- Carolyn Seaman - UMBC
- Cecilia M. F. Rubira - Unicamp
- Célio Santana - UFPE
- Fábio Levy Siqueira - USP
- Gustavo Pinto - UFPA
- Hermano Moura - UFPE
- Hugo Sereno Ferreira - University of Porto
- Jutta Eckstein
- Liliane Fonseca - UFPE
- Patrícia Vilain - UFSC
- Rafael Prikladnicki - PUCRS
- Rafaela M. Fontana - UFPR
- Raquel Aparecida Pegoraro Raquel - UFFS
- Rodrigo Santos - UNIRIO
- Teresa Maciel - UFRPE
- Tiago Silva Da Silva - PUCRS
- Viviane Santos - UFPA
- Wylliams Santos - UPE
- Xiaofeng Wang - Free University of Bozen-Bolzano